Health and Safety Resources
- The Aimee and Patrick Butler Center for Sports and Fitness on the St. Paul Campus exists to enhance college life for all St. Catherine's students, faculty and staff by providing programs and facilities that support their health and fitness goals. Use of the facility supports the University's commitment to academic and personal excellence through a balance of physical education courses, intercollegiate athletics, recreational sports, and personal health and fitness programming.
- The St. Catherine University Counseling Center is a confidential service staffed by professional psychologists made available to students free of charge. Services include short-term counseling and consultation as well as referral to community resources.
- The St. Paul Counseling Center also provides psychiatric services free of charge to currently enrolled students during the school year from September through May. Psychiatric services are provided by a consultant who practices in the Twin Cities area.
- The purpose of EAST is to provide support for faculty and staff in responding to student behavior and issues. The Early Alert form is utilized jointly by the Offices of Student Affairs and Academic Affairs to help resolve an array of student issues and challenges. Our goal is to improve the coordination and communication efforts across campus when working with students in distress in order to ensure timely support and proper referral to resources both on and off campus.
- The Public Safety (ext. 8888) office is staffed 24-hours a day on both the Minneapolis and St. Paul campuses. All officers are trained in basic first-aid, CPR, and use of defibrillators. Public Safety provides escorts on campus to students, staff and faculty. Call 651-690-8888 anytime.
- You should also call 911 if necessary.
- The Health & Wellness Center is a general/primary care clinic specializing in the health care needs of women and young adults. The Center treats acute and chronic health conditions, mental health issues, provides physicals for study abroad, health majors, sports participation, and yearly pap and pelvic exams. If students require specialty care our providers can refer to a specialist in the area.
- It is located in the Butler Center Room 100 on the St. Paul campus. Our private entrance is on the east side of the building. The Health & Wellness Center is staffed by a team of physicians, nurse practitioners and RNs who are trained in a broad spectrum of primary and acute care needs, making it possible to treat the majority of health issues of the students at St. Kate’s.
- All registered SCU students can access services at the Health & Wellness Center regardless of insurance status. As of September 2010 the Health & Wellness Center will accept most major insurance plans. Co-pays and costs not covered by insurance will be billed to the student’s student account.
- Faculty and staff are encouraged to call the clinic to speak with a provider if they have concerns or questions regarding the physical or mental well being of a student.
- The Health & Wellness Center is open Monday - Friday during the school year and closed during breaks and summer sessions
- Maintaining a safe campus environment is a top priority at St. Kate's. With round-the-clock security staff, resources geared especially for students and a highly responsive safety team, students and staff alike feel good about calling St. Kate's their home.