University Faculty Council (UFAC)
Guided by a commitment to the University’s mission, UFaC is charged with protecting the rights, addressing the concerns and promoting the interests of University Faculty. While it is acknowledged that maintenance of the health of the overall institution is a collaborative effort among faculty, students, administration and staff, the primary obligation of UFaC is to address and promote all legitimate and feasible University Faculty interests. All decisions and actions taken by UFaC must be justifiable, based on this understanding of duty. UFaC must maintain an open dialog with University Faculty sufficient to provide every faculty member the opportunity for meaningful engagement with faculty governance. Full description of UFaC from the Bylaws »
University Faculty Council (UFaC) consists of 19 voting members elected to staggered 3-year terms.
- 18 Voting Faculty Members, directly elected by their peers from the School in which they hold primary affiliation.
- 1 Faculty Speaker
Membership is determined based on standard apportionment procedures and total faculty FTE per School. At least two members from each School will serve. Constitution, Bylaws, and Election Committee is charged with determining these numbers and recalibrating the number of faculty per School every 3 years.
2015-16 UFaC Committee Meetings:
All meetings are held 3:00 - 4:30pm.
UFaC Subcommittees are charged with effectively executing the scope of their work in a timely manner. They shall construct and maintain a coherent set of practiced procedures that is consistent in all ways with the charge and functions articulated in the bylaws.
- Academic Professional Development Committee (APDC) »
- Academic Resources Committee (ARC) »
- Allocation and Compensation Committee (ACC) »
- One elected member of UFaC
- Five Voting Faculty members elected by the Voting Faculty
- Appointed Voting Faculty Members
- Ex Officio, Non-Voting Members