Here we have information on storage, hang out/study spaces, and also information on the St. Kate's Commuter-Residence Partnership (CRP) Program
Lockers are available to be rented out at any time of the year. Lockers for student rentals are located on the lower level and 2nd floor of the CdC. It costs $5 to rent out a locker, but at the end of the year, when you return the lock, you will receive $4 back. You can rent out a locker every year. Priority of the lockers is given to commuter students. Locker rentals are available through the Student Center and Activities Office, CdC Rm 270.
Storage for Food:
There are many places to store your food for the day.
- Dining Hall, CdC 1st floor microwave
- McGough Lounge, CdC 3rd floor microwave
- Patio/Lounge, CdC 2nd floor microwave
- Student Organization Center, CdC 253 with microwaves and a fridge.
- The Center for Women, CdC Rm 230 has a refrigerator.
- Mendel 103 has a refrigerator.
- Second floor lounge has a microwave
- Lower level study lounge has a refrigerator and microwave
Rest, Hang Out, and Study Space
- The Center for Women- This is a great place to relax, hang out, or meet new people between classes. The Center for Women offers free coffee, tea and hot cocoa to all students. Also, you will find comfortable couches, and computers.
- Library, Located on 1nd Floor of CdC- Looking for a quite study area or place to get your work done? The library is the perfect spot for this. There are two levels. The lower level is quite and has low traffic areas; it’s also a perfect place for a quick nap. The main floor of the library has a computer lab with a printer. In addition, printers, computers, and group study rooms can be found on the main floor of the library.
- Patio Lounge- The Patio Lounge, also known as The Old Coffee Shop, has lots of tables and couches. There is even a patio right outside, so you can enjoy fresh air, when the weather permits.
- St. Joseph Lounge, Located on 2nd Floor of CdC- If you don’t like the silence, and you like a little bit of sound, even footsteps, then the St. Joseph Lounge is the perfect place to study or just relax! There are lots of tables and comfortable chairs available.
- MIPS Office, Located on 2nd Floor of CdC- The Multicultural and International Programs and Services Office is a great place to hang out and meet new people. It is also a wonderful place to find out about upcoming events that they are coordinating.
- McGough Lounge- Do you need a comfortable place to study for an upcoming test? McGough Lounge is the perfect place to do this. This lounge offers comfortable seating areas, a number of tables, computers, printers, vending machines, and microwaves all for your convenience.
- Mendel 103- Computers, copiers, and printers can be found in this lounge. Also there are vending machines that carry both hot and cold drinks, as well as snacks!
The O'Shaughnessy Auditorium
- 1st and 2nd floor Lobbies- This little known spaces are open to students- best to study here when an event isn't in progress! Benches are available with great cushions on the first floor as well as cocktail tables and chairs on the 2nd floor.
- Second floor- A computer printer as well as comfy couches and chairs are available for student use.
- Lower level- You will find computers, printers, a microwave, and a fridge for everyone to use.