Read about staff changes, upcoming opportunities, summer internships,...
St. Kate's news highlights an amazing AMP student and project....
St. Kate's news features Fathi Ahmed, America Reads tutor, for...
About Us +
The Center for Community Work and Learning strives to bridge the curriculum and the community. The hands-on experiences gained through engaging in both the campus community and broader community encourage students to become independent, effective leaders dedicated to serving the needs of the community. Students have a number of opportunities:
- Service-learning courses: courses that have a community component (one-time, ongoing, immersion or project-based)
- Off-Campus Student Employment Programs: Community Leadership Program and America Reads
- Career Ready Internships: paid internships at community organizations
- Assistantship Mentoring Program: Teaching Assistant, Research Collaborator, or Program Development Collaborator positions with a faculty or staff mentor
- Community Involvement: we connect students to many types of opportunities to participate in the broader community. Students have access to volunteer opportunities through our D2L site.
- The Center also provides services to support faculty who teach courses that incorporate service-learning.
Watch our video on the link between St. Kate's mission and Community Work and Learning.
CWL on Facebook
Like us on Facebook!