St. Kate's news highlights an amazing AMP student and project....
St. Kate's news features Fathi Ahmed, America Reads tutor, for...
Campus Compact blog, Making Use of Liberal Arts in Community...
The Center for Community Work and Learning strives to bridge the curriculum and the community. The hands-on experiences gained through engaging in both the campus community and broader community encourage students to become independent, effective leaders dedicated to serving the needs of the community. Students have a number of opportunities:
- Service-learning courses: courses that have a community component (one-time, ongoing, immersion or project-based)
- Off-Campus Student Employment Programs: Community Leadership Program and America Reads
- Career Ready Internships: paid internships at community organizations
- Assistantship Mentoring Program: Teaching Assistant, Research Collaborator, or Program Development Collaborator positions with a faculty or staff mentor
- Community Involvement: we connect students to many types of opportunities to participate in the broader community. Students have access to volunteer opportunities through our D2L site.
- The Center also provides services to support faculty who teach courses that incorporate service-learning.
Watch our video on the link between St. Kate's mission and Community Work and Learning.
CWL on Facebook
Like us on Facebook!