Internships, Internships, Internships! Read the Star Tribune's...
Citizen Katie is an opportunity for St. Kate's students, alumnae,...
Each semester Community Work and Learning surveys service-learning...
Community Work and Learning works with academic departments on both campuses to offer service-learning courses. In these classes, students spend time partnering with community organizations in the Twin Cities.
Service-learning focuses on critical reflection, civic responsibility, local community needs, and enhancing academic skills. In addition, these courses create a direct exchange among the student, faculty member, and community organization.
The Center for Community Work and Learning collaborates with many departments. Below is a sampling of some of the courses that have a service-learning component.
- ASL Advanced ASL 1
- COMM Introduction to Communication: Woman & Social Change
- CORE The Reflective Woman / Global Search for Justice
- FSNU Community Lifespan Nutrition
- HIST The Sixties in the US
- MKTG Buyer Behavior and Market Research
- NURS Topics: Introduction to Professional Nursing Practice
- OTA Human Occupations II
- PA Topics: Seminar I: Foundations, Medicine and Meaning
- PSYC Lifespan Developmental Psychology
SPAN Visions of Hispanic World: Reading to Speak and Write