Evening|Weekend|Online B.A. or B.S. in Healthcare Sales
- For busy women who want to start or advance in dynamic careers in healthcare sales or related fields.
- Career options: Medical product, pharmaceutical, medical device and other health-related sales — and more.
- Sales jobs are projected to grow 15.6% between 2010 and 2020.*
- Average salary: $53,540; the best-paid 10% earn more than $110,000.*
- Flexible course scheduling blends evening/weekend meetings with online learning.
- Affordable tuition rates.
- Transfer in your previous credits — graduate sooner.
- Get a head start on your master's. Take up to two graduate business (MBA) or leadership (MAOL) courses while earning your B.S. or B.A.
* Money.usnews.com/careers. 2011
- Request more information »
- Contact your admission counselor »
- Get a free transfer evaluation — find out how close you are to your bachelor's »
- Apply now to start in September »
Questions? We can help! Call 651.690.6542 or e-mail email@example.com
Majoring in Healthcare Sales
Our nationally recognized major in Healthcare Sales prepares you for exciting and rewarding careers in companies that manufacture and market consumer medical products, pharmaceuticals, medical devices or other health-related products and services. You’ll learn scientific concepts, medical terminology and business skills — such as negotiation and client management — to help physicians, nurses, therapists and other healthcare providers understand the technical details or life-saving aspects of new medical products and services. We'll also help you gain new or more advanced workplace experience by assisting your search for internships, or facilitating stretch assignments that fit your busy schedule. Many students are able to complete stretch assignments or career development projects at their current workplace — or other employers — gaining new skills and opportunities for advancement.
Advance Your Career and Your Life
The rapidly growing and changing world of medical devices, health products and services offers terrific career and advancement opportunities for sales professionals. Minneapolis-St. Paul is home to numerous global medical device companies such as Medtronic, St. Jude Medical, Boston Scientific and others, which offer exciting internship and career opportunities. Successful healthcare sales professionals are often top candidates for advancement within their companies. And sales positions can often be successful gateways to marketing, management and other leadership positions. For more about careers in healthcare sales, click on the Using Your Degree Tab.
Healthcare Sales majors benefit from our small classes and one-to-one attention from expert faculty. This personal approach to your success is especially important if you're returning to college after a long absence, or if you're starting your university education for the first time. Our professors, academic advisers, career counselors and others are readily available to you, and are committed to your success. You can do this, and we'll be with you every step of the way.
Program of Study
St. Kate's is one of the few, if not the only, universities in the United States that offers a major, minor and certificate in healthcare sales. We developed our innovative program in partnership with Pfizer Inc., a leading pharmaceutical enterprise, and continue to collaborate with Pfizer and other Fortune 500 companies like 3M to adapt our courses to the ever-changing healthcare marketplace. In addition to performance-ready sales skills, our program includes rigorous courses in accounting, finance, management, marketing, economics, business law and statistical analysis. You'll also become more tech-savvy, learning how to better research and communicate with customers using Salesforce.com, Access, Speakeasy, social networks and online search methods. For more about our Healthcare Sales program and courses, click on the Major tab.
Uniquely St. Kate's
The Sales Education Foundation named St. Kate’s among the Top Universities for Professional Sales Education in 2011 — the only one in Minnesota to make the grade. Our faculty members are enthusiastic teachers and diligent researchers with international sales and marketing backgrounds. We integrate ethics into every business course — a commitment that has made us a model for other universities. We want you to solve ethical dilemmas and make good business decisions while staying true to your own convictions.
More business majors:
- Business-to-Business Sales
- Business Administration: Marketing/Management
- Healthcare Management
- Financial Economics
- International Business and Economics
- Small Business/Entrepreneurship