AMS Conference Workshop Presentation - Syneva Barrett March...
AMS Conference Workshop Presentation - Teresa Ripple March 13,...
Montessori STEM Courses
- Courses for Montessori educators seeking to engage their students in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) learning in an authentic Montessori context
- Each courses pairs six days of hands-on learning with online mentoring and support during the academic year.
- Courses are co-taught by Montessori educators and content area experts in STEM.
- Get a toolkit you can use to make STEM come alive in your Montessori classroom.
- Apply now to start in Summer 2015.
Montessori educators: Are you ready for STEM?
If you are an elementary teacher, you know that soon you may need to be teaching your young students science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) concepts. Some states already include these concepts in their state education standards. Others are in the process of adding them. Are you ready?
Summer 2015 course: Engineering and Mathematics
Learn engineering concepts, design principles, and how to teach them to students in elementary grades:
- Discover how forces and materials impact the design of our Fundamental Human Needs.
- Explore and calculate load and effort in simple machines.
- Understand more deeply the physics and mathematics of our engineered world.
Study online: July 6-Aug. 7, 2015
Face–to-face learning experience: July 13-18, 2015. St. Catherine University campus, St. Paul, Minn.
Fall 2015 course: Classroom Applications
Integrate the STEM toolkits you received in the Engineering and Mathematics course into your school's curriculum:
Online Course Dates: Sept. 9-Dec. 22, 2015
In-depth learning, online mentoring, and collaboration
The program pairs in-depth, hands-on learning for six days, followed by online mentoring and support during the academic year. Personal support helps you integrate the STEM toolkits you'll receive into your school’s curriculum.
To build more self-sustaining support within the group, you and other Montessori teachers will form lesson-study groups to visit one another's classrooms throughout the school year. You'll observe each other in the classroom and then debrief to modify and improve your STEM-teaching techniques.
Learn it and use it: the Montessori STEM toolkit
You'll get a Montessori STEM toolkit, providing support materials you can use to successfully implement the Montessori STEM curriculum in your classroom. You'll work with the material under the guidance of faculty during your two summer courses, then take your final toolkit with you at the end of the first summer session.
Montessori STEM tuition
The tuition rate for the 2014-15 academic year (June 1, 2014-May 31, 2014) for the Montessori STEM Certificate program is $475 per credit. Tuition for Summer 2015 nnd Fall 2015 has not yet been set — rates will likely be slightly higher. For each academic term, you'll also be charged a $30 student fee ($10 in Summer) and a $150 technology fee. These fees are in effect for the 2014-15 academic year, and are subject to change.
Federal Gainful Employment Disclosure Requirement for Certificates
Federal regulations require that all institutions disclose certain information and statistics regarding non-degree, certificate programs. Click here for the data provided by St. Kate's.
- Get support from St. Kate’s instructors while you implement engineering content into your classroom.
- Learn from and connect with colleagues with weekly online discussions.