Leadership Action Project or Thesis
In the final Action Project or Thesis, you'll explore in-depth a leadership topic of importance to you. Working individually or in a group, you'll demonstrate your ability to research and analyze a topic in detail, reach conclusions and present your findings effectively and persuasively.
Unlike much traditional academic research, the Action Project is a reflective process conducted by people seeking to solve real-world problems and advance organizations and communities. The Thesis option, requiring three additional credits, is an opportunity to dig deeper through original research, with a thesis presented and defended to a committee.
Conduct research that matters
Select a topic relevant to your concerns, your growth and your community. Below is a sampling of recent research topics:
- Global Leadership Values in Practice: A Case Study of Cargill
- Brand It, Sell It, Cure It: Cause-related Marketing Best Practices
- A Model for Creating and Sustaining Innovative Software Development Teams
- Organizational Culture as a Consideration in Merger/Acquisition Decisions
- Standardizing Best Practice for Effective Management of Obstetric Emergencies
- Supporting a Home-based Work Environment for Customer Service Representatives at 3M
- The Leadership Challenge for Hmong Women
- New Tools, New Rules: Keeping Ethics on the Planning Table With Social Media in the Mix