St. Kate's MBA: Healthcare
The healthcare sector is one of the most dynamic and complex parts of our economy. Demand is high for managers with the business acumen needed to steer healthcare organizations through rapidly changing times and deliver patient care efficiently and effectively.
With an MBA: Healthcare degree from St. Catherine University, you’ll graduate with the skillset you need to advance in healthcare management. Plus, our unmatched connections among regional healthcare providers and superior reputation for clinical education will position you for leadership in your career.
Some students in St. Kate’s Healthcare MBA are experienced clinical care providers — nurses, medical doctors, rehabilitative therapists, imaging professionals, technicians — who are adding management to their professional portfolio. Others are seeking to advance from within compliance, financial management, reimbursement systems, clinic management and other non-clinical sectors.
In 11 core courses, you’ll develop the practice-ready skills to move ahead as a manager, informed by the innovative spirit that characterizes a St. Catherine education.
Four additional courses will help you gain insight into the complexities of the healthcare industry — how to improve service delivery and the efficiency of healthcare systems, increase access to care, develop cost-management strategies, understand healthcare finance, and apply essential insights from healthcare informatics and analytics.
Courses for the Healthcare concentration
- Healthcare Systems and Policy
- Healthcare Quality Improvement and Innovation
- Healthcare Economics and Policy
- Operational Excellence
- Financial Management in the Global Economy
- Informatics and Analytics in Healthcare
Core MBA courses
- Managing Teams for Quality and Competency
- Financial Accounting and Analysis
- Management Accounting for Decision Makers
- Marketing Management
- Advanced Analytical Techniques for Business Decision Making
- Strategic Integrated Marketing Communications
- Global Perspectives on Talent Management and Regulatory Compliance
- Practicum: Applied Capstone Project
For detailed course descriptions, see the St. Catherine University graduate catalog.
Courses are offered through blended online and face-to-face instruction. You’ll take one course at a time, learning alongside a cohort of other students in accelerated 7.5-week sessions. Classes meet face-to-face once per week on either Tuesday evenings or Saturday mornings at our St. Paul or downtown Minneapolis locations. Find out more about how the 24-month St. Kate’s MBA is offered.