St. Kate's MBA: Integrated Marketing Communications
Businesses need professionals who understand how to integrate a variety of tools — from traditional media to social networks — to tell their stories, engage their audiences, build their brands and deliver on the bottom line. Many businesses lack the ability to ensure that the full range of today's media, including social and other digital media, are designed well and executed effectively.
But, to succeed in marketing communications in a business setting, you need even more. You need to gain managerial and operational expertise to truly put integrated marketing communications to work for business.
St. Catherine University now offers Minnesota's only MBA with an Integrated Marketing Communications concentration. Now, you won't have to choose between a master's degree in marketing or communications, and a traditional MBA.
Graduates work in marketing communications, public relations, advertising, marketing management and related functions in businesses and other organizations, in agency settings or as independent consultants.
In 11 core courses, you’ll develop the practice-ready skills you need to move ahead in business, informed by the innovative spirit that characterizes a St. Catherine education. Additional courses for the IMC concentration will help you gain real-world tools for managing the modern marketing mix, including creating digital campaigns in a variety of platforms, writing for social media, search engine optimization (SEO), website analytics and mobile applications.
Courses for the Integrated Marketing Communications concentration:
- Creative Strategy and Innovation
- Innovation, Process and Product Design
- Branding and Digital Storytelling
- Micro and Macro Economics for Managers
- Social Business: Engagement, Search and Analytics
- Project and Information Management
Core MBA courses
- Managing Teams for Quality and Competency
- Financial Accounting and Analysis
- Management Accounting for Decision Makers
- Marketing Management
- Advanced Analytical Techniques for Business Decision Making
- Strategic Integrated Marketing Communications
- Global Perspectives on Talent Management and Regulatory Compliance
- Practicum: Applied Capstone Project
For detailed course descriptions, see the St. Catherine University graduate catalog.
Our faculty members are experienced in their disciplines and connected to regional business networks.
MBA: Integrated Marketing Communications courses are offered through blended online and face-to-face instruction. Most class meetings will be held at International Market Square, on the edge of downtown Minneapolis. You’ll learn alongside a cohort of other students in accelerated 7.5-week courses. Find out more about class meeting schedules and locations.