St. Kate’s music theater major is for students who want to study the relationship between music and theater, and are interested in learning about on-stage performance, orchestra pit or backstage work.
Student Heidi Robertson is pursuing a double major in music theater and studio art. Others also have successfully paired music theater with other fields of study.
- Music Skills I
- The Art of Listening or World Music
- Music Skills II
- Acting: Leadership in Performance
- Directing: Event Production
- Dance for Musical Theater
- Women and Music
- Topics: Survey of Musical Theater
- Topics: Senior Research and Performance Project
- 4 semesters of lessons, 1000 or 2000 level (1 cr./semester)
- 4 semesters music ensemble (1 cr./semester) participation in four productions (at least two of which are musicals)
For detailed course descriptions, visit the catalog.