The University is excited to launch a new program this fall that...
Now that classes have started, your daughter has begun to create her...
Month-to-Month Adjustments for First Year Students Richard...
About the Association
The mission of the Parent and Family Association is to provide a welcoming community for parents and families of current students, to provide resources, guidance, opportunities for involvement and, timely communication that will assist students in attaining their academic and career goals.
While every parent automatically becomes a member of the Association by virtue of their student attending St. Kate's, the Association offers other ways to become involved and stay connected while your student is at St. Kate's.
The Advisory Board has developed some exciting ways for parents to become involved. These include networking opportunities to meet other parents, having access to information about what is taking place on campus, hosting an intern at their place of employment, assisting with fundraising and assisting with parent hospitality events are some of the ways in which parent can become involved.
Parent and Family Association Goals
All parents and families will….
Receive ongoing, relevant communication from St. Catherine University.
- Communicating what the families want and need to know
- Communicating in multiple ways using multiple vehicles
Know where to go for information and help
- Parents and families can help their daughters when questions and problems arise
- Parents and families feel their daughter’s concerns and problems are being addressed in a timely and appropriate way
- Know about and understand the purpose of the St. Catherine University Parent and Family Association
Report that they are satisfied with their relationship with St. Catherine University
- Parents and families report positive on-campus experiences
Be able to engage in the University community in varied and appropriate ways
- Engagement is “with parents and families” rather than “for parents and families"
- See St. Catherine University as a worthy charitable.
Getting involved is a great way to stay connected
- Become a "Shadow Host" for a student considering your profession.
- Sponsor an internship for a St. Kate's student at your company or organization.
- Serve as a resource for parents of first-year students.
- Act as a host for parent receptions at University events.
- Volunteer for Family Weekend activities.
- Subscribe to Parent Update and receive all the latest St. Kate's news.
- Become a member of the Parent and Family Advisory Council.
If you would like to get involved with the Parent and Family Association, or if you have questions about our parent and family programs, please contact Sabrina Anderson, Co-Chair of the Parent and Family Association, at 651-690-6593 or email@example.com