St. Catherine University would like to inform the campus community...
Full incident alert available here. The St. Catherine University...
Full incident bulletin available here. The Department of...
Vehicle Break-ins July 2013
Public Safety Alert – 7.15.13
Advisory: Important Incident
Public Safety would like to inform St. Catherine community of the following Public Safety Alert:
There have recently been vehicle break-ins on the St. Paul Campus. Public Safety is increasing patrols of all lots. Please report any suspicious activity to Public Safety by calling 651.690.8888.
As a reminder, Public Safety is available to assist with safety and security needs. We encourage you to take your personal precautions and remember the following:
- If threatened with a weapon, it’s best not to resist. Your personal safety is more important than a lost wallet or cell phone
- Always be aware of your surroundings
- Walk in well-lit areas and don’t walk alone
- Carry minimal amounts of valuables
- Keep written records of valuables, including model and serial numbers, in a safe place
- Document information about the suspect for police (i.e. clothing descriptions, facial features, piercings or tattoos, speech, etc.)
- Consider walking in groups while out and about
Decrease the likelihood of becoming a victim of theft
- Remove valuables from your vehicle including GPS, purses, laptops, iPods, cell phones, etc. Remember that even a backpack or briefcase may be attractive to thieves because they will not know what is inside
- Do not leave anything in your car with your name and address visible
- Lock your car doors
- Have your keys ready before you reach your vehicle
St. Catherine University believes that descriptors alone are not a valid reason to profile or cast suspicion on any individual. They are included here because they may reasonably assist in identifying the perpetrator of this incident.
Contact public safety at 651.690.8888 or 911 when you see suspicious people.
For further information contact public safety or access the "Your Safety" page »