Information Center Student Assistant Employment Opportunity
The Information Center serves as a primary source of information about the campus for the community at St. Catherine University and visitors to the campus. The Information Center Student Assistant is an ambassador for the Student Center and Activities Office and the University and will provide a welcoming environment for all those within the facility. The Information Center Student Assistant will provide an array of campus wide information and assistance to individuals in the Student Center as well as telephone requests.
Conditions for Application
- Candidates must have and maintain a cumulative and semester grade point average of 2.25.
- This position requires that the Information Center Worker will work a minimum of 10 hours per week (this includes training, opening, University breaks, and closing).
- To greet and assist each individual who approaches the desk.
- To pick up and drop off keys at security when opening or closing the desk, immediately before or after the shift.
- To be knowledgeable about events in the Coeur de Catherine and on-campus, resources and departments.
- To be familiar with St. Catherine University campus and be able to provide directions to buildings on-campus.
- To provide information to the community of St. Catherine University via phone and in person.
- To accurately sign in at the beginning of each shift and log all information accurately.
- To be accountable for all money handled during their shifts and at the beginning and end of each shift (including, but not limited to: movie tickets, bus passes, faxes, copying, student event tickets and IDs)
- To work weekend, early morning, and evening shifts as scheduled by the Information Center Manager and communicating to her any times you are unavailable.
- To take ID pictures when necessary and distribute ID stickers.
- To check out games and game room equipment.
- To accurately fill out timecards on a bi-weekly basis.
- To attend information center training and meetings as called by Information Center Manager.
- To be able to send and receive faxes, make copies on the copier and charge accordingly.
- To respond to emergencies within the facility and have knowledge of all emergency procedures.
- To view security monitor on the computer (connected to security cameras throughout the building) and alert Student Center and Activities Staff and/or the Student Building Manager to any information or issues when necessary.
- Other duties as assigned by the Information Center Manager, Student Building Manager or Student Center and Activities Office staff
- To behave in a manner that is customer-service oriented.
- To arrive to each shift on time and find substitutes appropriately.
- To have excellent interpersonal skills when at the center.
- To keep all information confidential as necessary.
- To behave in a professional manner and adhere to all University policies.
- To have a neat, clean and presentable appearance at all times. This includes wearing your nametag. Sweatpants, workout attire, cut-offs, and paraphernalia from other colleges and universities are not allowed.
- Personal activities must be kept to a minimum at the desk. Priorities at the desk should be:
- Greeting all visitors and providing a welcoming atmosphere.
- Student Center Duties (projects as assigned by the professional staff in the Coeur de Catherine)
- Your personal tasks (homework, crafts, email, etc.)
- Personal calls are not acceptable at the desk.
- Friends and guests are not allowed in or behind the desk area. If friends do visit, interaction must be limited to a few minutes and cannot block your view or prevent you from performing your job responsibilities.
- To keep the desk area clean by taking your items with you and straightening up as necessary.
- To have basic computer skills, be able to use the computer for administrative tasks, and have knowledge of the St. Kate’s Website.
- To be knowledgeable about all desk procedures and policies.