Information Center Manager Employment Opportunity
The Student Center Information Center Manager is a key student leadership position within the Student Center. The Information Center Manager has responsibility for the smooth, efficient operation of the information center and provides direct supervision to the Information Center student employees. The Information Center Manager works with the Information Center Student Workers to ensure that they serve as ambassadors for the Student Center and Activities Office and the University in providing a welcoming environment for all those within the facility.
Conditions for Application
- Candidates must have and maintain a cumulative and semester grade point average of 2.5.
- This position requires that the Information Center Manager will work 10-15 hours per week (this includes training, opening, University breaks, and closing).
- Candidates must have a strong working knowledge of the campus and campus resources.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, customer services skills and troubleshooting skills are required.
- To complete assigned paperwork and other administrative details in a thorough and timely manner.
- To work cooperatively with the Building Managers, Information Center Assistant Manager, Information Center workers, and other paraprofessional staff within the Coeur de Catherine.
- To be responsible for the training, supervision, and evaluation of the Information Center staff.
- To maintain the cleanliness of the Information Center in the Coeur de Catherine.
- To schedule all desk shifts, including opening, closing and all University breaks.
- To review weekly sales logs and discuss adjustments with Information Center Assistant Manager.
- To assist with maintenance and supplies for the Information Center, including the ID system.
- To respond to emergencies within the facility and be trained in emergency procedures.
- To keep record of hours worked by center workers and make sure they remain accurate.
- To track the hours worked by center workers to assure that students can earn their full award amounts.
- To replenish change, log sheets, and other supplies as needed at the Information Center.
- To keep documentation updated on all policies and procedures.
- To coordinate monthly meetings with staff and attend building meetings at their scheduled time.
- To work on special projects as assigned by the professional staff and recommend student assistants with special skills for projects.
- Be a liaison between the Student Center and Activities staff and student staff.
- To meet with direct supervisor at least once a week.
- To be knowledgeable and assist in implementing new office procedures and policies when applicable.
- Other duties as assigned by the Student Center and Activities staff.
- To act as a role model and in a manner that complies with all University policies and procedures.
- To keep all information confidential as necessary.
- To serve as a resource for Coeur de Catherine staff members and the University community in the absence of all Student Center and Activities Office professional staff members.
- To fulfill all responsibilities outlined in the position description.
- To act as a representative of the Student Center and Activities staff in any matters or duties that may be assigned by the professional staff.
- To have necessary computer skills, be able to use the computer for administrative tasks, and have knowledge of the St. Kate’s website.
- Be knowledgeable of student organization information, involvement opportunities, recognition procedures and employment.
- To work collaboratively with building managers and respond to situations that arise within the building.
- To serve as role model regarding all expectations of Information Center Workers
- Information Center Manager will be paid at a rate of $9.00 per hour.