LEAD Team Employment Opportunity
A Leadership, Encouragement, Assistance and Development Team member is a member of the Student Center & Activities Office Paraprofessional staff. By accepting this position, the LEAD Team member understands the following:
Conditions for Application
- Candidates must have a cumulative grade point average of 2.5 at the time of application.
- Candidates must be willing to commit to the LEAD Team from April, 2011 - May, 2012.
- Attend three evening training sessions held in April*
- Tentative Dates: April 4 from 5-8pm, April 18 from 5-8pm and 29 from 3 to 6pm
- Attend an overnight summer retreat/training session.
- Attend fall training (planning Orientation sessions) and facilitate
- OL training and Orientation sessions from August 28- September 6, 2011
- Attend a half-day workshop in February of 2012
- Attend regular weekly meetings of the LEAD Team during fall and spring semesters.
*Because training is crucial to the success of the LEAD Team, attendance at all training sessions is required.
Leadership Program Facilitation
Candidates are prepared to (training is provided – see above):
- Create innovative ways to assist St. Kate’s students in identifying and developing their leadership potential.
- Educate the student community about the St. Kate’s Leadership Statement and its value.
- Plan and implement training sessions for OL training and new student orientation.
- Prepare and facilitate at least five workshops (alone or with other LEAD Team members) during the academic year.
- Assist in designing and facilitating programs on leadership topics.
- Serve as a leadership training resource to campus student organizations.
- Participate in campus leadership programs (Activities Fair, Orientation, Leadership workshops, etc).
- Assist in the design and implementation of Leadership Week and See Yourself as a
- Leader leadership conference.
- Leadership training and experience in the areas of group development, collaboration, leadership models, leadership skill development as well as workshop preparation and facilitation.
- Training as a paraprofessional staff member.
- Stipends will be given for workshops and leadership training facilitated.