Academic Resource Centers
The Academic Resource Centers on each campus provide access to equipment and computer programs that allow the St. Kate Community to develop digital materials. Student Consultants are available to instruct you on the use of equipment such as scanners and microphones or software programs such as LodeStar, Captivate, Photoshop, Powershrink, and iSpringPro. Faculty and staff can also leave jobs for the Consultants to complete.
Request Turnaround Times
To request a service, complete the appropriate form found here.
- Scanning: 2 Days
- CD/DVD Burning: 2 Days
- Video & Audio File Conversion: 1 Day
- Simple Video Editing: 2-3 Days (More for complex projects)
- Audio Editing: 2-3 Days
- PPT File/ Audio & Image Compression: 2-3 Days
Voxcribe Closed Captioning Transcription
- 15 min (1 day turnaround)
- 30 min (1+ days turnaround)
- 1 hr (3 days turnaround)
- 1 hr+ (3+ days turnaround)
- Kalura Video Upload: 1-2 Days
- Panopto Lecture Capture Set-up in D2L: Email the RC to make an Appointment
- Panopto Editing: Email the RC to make an Appointment
To reserve equipment, complete the appropriate form found here.
- Clickers - Reserve Clicker sets 2 days ahead
- Equipment - Come to the RC or email 2 hours ahead
- ooVoo Video Conferencing Set-up: Request 7-9 days ahead of the event. ooVoo set-up requires coordination of multiple department resources
St. Paul Academic Resource Center is located in CdC 127 (within the Library).
Monday - Friday: 10:00 a.m. to 8:15 p.m. (Summer - 10:00 am - 4:00pm)
Saturdays: 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. (Summer - No Saturday hours)
Minneapolis Resource Center is self-serve in OM 430. Student Consultants may be working in OM 447. Contact Janet Winsand at x7710.
Resource Center Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Resources are available in St. Paul and Minneapolis.