Mother to Mother
Access and Success offers a unique leadership opportunity for student parents to share their experiences about the importance of higher education with teens who are pregnant or parenting. Volunteer student parents often talk about how they balance home and school, manage issues like affordability and childcare, as well as offer personal advice or encouragement. For additional information please contact the Program Coordinator, Sally Piernot at 651-690-6978
What Teen Parents had to say after hearing a Mother to Mother presentation:
- "I liked that when the women presented, they weren't scared to show how they really felt. They admitted that things will get tough and you might want to quit, but don't give up! At All!
- "I know I can do it. All I need is good supporters."
- "I like how the girls answered the questions very clearly and gave their personal stories. That really inspired you to keep trying and don't give up."
Minneapolis (Associate) Students
- Minneapolis Advisory Board (MAB): MAB primarily serves as an activity committee to enhance the overall experience at St. Kate's. Students attend meetings to plan events open to Minneapolis day and evening students using the funds from activity fees. Participating in MAB offers the opportunity to build leadership skills.
St. Paul (Day) Students
- Students Who Are Parents (SWAP) Club: Led by student parents, SWAP provides informal support for students with children.
- Student Center and Activities (SCA): The SCA office has extensive information about clubs, organizations, and events for students.
- Re-Entry Adult Program (REAP): REAP is a group run by and for non-traditional day students ages 23 years and older. Students log in to learn more »
- Evening and Weekend Student Advisory Board: The Advisory Board is comprised of Evening/Weekend/Online college student leaders who advocate for and give voice to the concerns of this students to enrich their St. Catherine University experience.