Change or Declare Your Major

Change or Declare Your Major

If you are considering a new major, these resources can be helpful

  • Undergraduate Catalog provides a description of the major and the specific courses that are required.  This can give you an idea of whether you might like the major.
  • Career Development Center can help you explore career opportunities related to majors and connect you with alumni from your major.
  • Academic Advising
    • Online you can review the requirements for your major. Select Degree Requirements, Requirements by major, and view the program plans.
    • In person, we can review your completed courses and let you know if changing your major is likely to delay your graduation.  Call 651-690-6803 to set up an appointment.

You can do the following online:

  • Declare your major
  • Change your major
  • Add a major
  • Get an advisor in your major
  • Change your major advisor

Just log on and follow these steps:

  • Log on KateWay
  • Click on the Student tab
  • Choose Forms
  • Change Your Record
  • Select "DAY-Change of major/advisor" from the drop down menu.