St. Kate’s Ophthalmic Technician associate degree program, the first in Minnesota, addresses the shortage of well-trained ophthalmic medical technicians in the area.
A Certified Ophthalmic Technician (COT) is an important part of the eye-care team. As a COT, you will:
- Work under the direct supervision of an ophthalmologist
- Take medical, family and social histories
- Measure vision, powers of spectacle lenses, eye pressure and pupil reactions
- Perform ophthalmic tests for visual field, color and muscle movement
- Perform advanced diagnostic testing
After graduating, you will be eligible to take the Certified Ophthalmic Technician (COT) certification exam given by JCAHPO (Joint Commission on Allied Health Personnel in Ophthalmology).
Minneapolis, MN 55454