Policies and Procedures



Policies and Procedures

Dropping and adding courses

All new students must consult with their academic advisor to add or drop classes. After your first term at the University, you will be able to add and drop classes without advisor approval.

When dropping a class:

  1. Make sure to check in with the financial aid office to find out how your financial aid award is affected
  2. Talk with your academic advisor to understand how your decision could impact academic progress or admission to a program
  3. Be aware of general drop dates for first-half, second-half and full-term classes
  4. Review the refund schedules for first-half, second-half and full-term classes

When adding a class:

  1. Consider your work schedule and course load
  2. Consult with your academic advisor

Cross registration (registering for St. Paul campus courses)

Students may take courses on the St. Paul campus during summer session.  If you wish to take a course on the St. Paul campus, you must:

  1. consult with your advisor
  2. if you have additional questions, connect with Paul Haugen

Withdraw or Leave of Absence

Students are allowed to take a leave of absence from the University. Generally, a leave of absence is allowed for one term. If you don't return within a term, you would need to resubmit an application to the Office of Admissions. 

Withdrawing from all of your classes and leaving the University is called a complete withdraw. This is when students do not intend to continue with their current St. Catherine University program.

If you wish to take a leave of absence or withdraw from the University, you must fill out a form with your academic advisor: