Credit Internship Options
FALL INTERNSHIP APPLICATIONS NOW AVAILABLE (read on)
What is a 2 or 4 Credit internship?
A 2 or 4 Credit internship is a proactively planned experience in cooperation with you and:
- Faculty Internship Advisor (FIA): Is a faculty member you have chosen from the department affiliated with your internship. The FIA evaluates the learning derived from the internship.
- Internship Director: Provides the primary guidance to prospective interns, FIAs and Internship supervisors regarding the process of securing and participating in an academically appropriate internship.
- Internship Supervisor: Provides supervision, direction and evaluation of the intern's work.
2 or 4 Credit internship requirements:
- Coordinated between: a Faculty Internship Adviser, the Internship Director, and your internship supervisor
- Receives a letter grade on your transcript
- Must be affiliated with your major or minor; designated as course #4602/4604
- Tuition charged for credits
- Project oriented experience that cannot be more than 20% clerical in nature
2 or 4 Credit Option Process
- Secure your internship position and start date
- Secure a Faculty Internship Advisor (FIA)
- Complete the 2 or 4 Credit Internship Application (linked below)
- Receive and complete the Internship Goals Worksheet (sent to your St. Kate's account)
Schedule Set-Up Meeting with Laura Zirngible, Internship Director (651.690.8890) to:
- review the Internship Goals Worksheet
- receive a signed Internship Registration Permit
- Plan to attend the Internship Wrap-Up Workshop
As a 2 or 4 Credit intern, you are required to complete and submit this application. You will need to provide the following information:
- Basic student information
- Faculty Internship Advisor name and email
- Internship start and end dates
- Internship position title
- Site name/organization, address and zip
- Internship Supervisors name and position title
- Internship Supervisor's phone number and email