Creating a positive impression during an employment interview is essential if you hope to receive a job offer. Most employers’ seek to find candidates who are capable of:
- succeeding in the position
- “fitting in” with the organization and its culture
- possessing a positive outlook and demeanor
Interview Essentials by the National Association of Colleges and Employers
The Interviewing Guide Covers:
- Types of Interviews
- Answering Behavior-Based Questions
Preparation is Key
- Research the company!
- Know the job requirements
- Be ready to ask questions
- Practice for the interview
- Have your outfit ready
- Know where to go
- Day of the Interview
- After the Interview
- Possible Questions
- Use this section to help you with employer research and networking before your interview.
- Increase your confidence by doing a practice interview with a career counselor
Note: Informational Interviewing is not a job interview, but rather is used for career exploration and networking with people already working in your field. Download the Informational Interview guide.