Non-Credit Internship Option
Internships are closed for Fall semester. Check in November for the Spring application.
What is a Non-Credit Internship?
A Non-Credit internship is a proactively planned, career-building experience, coordinated primarily by the student and the site. Participating in the Non-Credit Internship process allows you to apply structure and self-direct your internship experience.
Non-Credit Internships DO NOT:
- Involve a Faculty Internship Adviser
- Involve Internship Director/Program oversight, but a Check-In Meeting before beginning your experience is suggested
- Require supervision by site
- Affiliate with a specific major or minor
- Require a tuition charge or program fee
- Appear on your transcript
Examples of Non-Credit Experiences:
- Paid or unpaid formal internship
- Volunteer work
- Short-term project
- Contracted work
Non-Credit Guidance Packet
As a participant of the Non-Credit Internship Option you will have access to the Non-Credit Guidance Packet. The Packet consists of various tools designed to guide you through the completion of a successful internship.
Non-Credit Guidance Packet Includes:
This resource will be emailed to your stkate.edu email once you have completed the online Non-Credit Internship Application.
- Welcome Letter
- Process Checklist: Following this process will help you to complete a successful experience
- Non-Credit Goals Worksheet: Helps you determine your goals
- Performance Evaluation: To be filled out by your supervisor; designed to give you feedback and stay informed of your progress
- TIPS Lists: 2 lists giving you tips to succeed during your experience
- Contact Guru: A networking tool to help you stay connected
Non-Credit Option Process
- Complete the online Non-Credit Internship Application
- Receive the Welcome Email and the Non-Credit Guidance Packet
- Attend the recommended Check-In Meeting with the Internship Team
- Complete the Non-Credit Goals Worksheet with your supervisor
- Start your experience!
- Request a feedback meeting with your supervisor -- use the Performance Evaluation in your Packet
- Complete the Contact Guru networking tool
- Attend the Internship Wrap-Up Workshop