Research & Creative Work Award
The Center for Women at St. Catherine University presents the annual Awards for Research and Creative Work.
Five separate awards of $600 and a certificate are available to:
- undergraduate students enrolled during all or part of the academic year in a St. Catherine University program on either campus;
- graduate students enrolled during all or part of the academic year in a St. Catherine University program on either campus;
- faculty or staff members currently employed by the University;
- alumnae/i; and
- collaborative across award categories.
An awards committee of St. Catherine faculty members judges submissions in each of the categories separately. In their deliberations, the judges may use consultants.
Guidelines for Submission
- Research and creative work should have a focus on women, or issue(s) relevant to women’s status or concerns.
- Work must have been created, revised, or completed within three years before the competition deadline. For all categories except alumnae/i, the work must have been completed while the author was enrolled at/employed by St. Catherine University.
- Only one submission per person per year will be accepted. Past award recipients must wait three years to submit again.
- Excerpts and papers derived from published books, book-length manuscripts, or master’s theses may be submitted (papers must be between 3 and 25 pages, not including citations); books, manuscripts, or theses in entirety will not be accepted as entries.
- Written submissions should be word-processed and saved on MS Word (not PDF). Please note: Submitter’s name must be omitted from the pages of the submitted work.
- The cover pages provided with these guidelines should be completed and attached to the submitted work.
Click here for the PDF form (contact the Center for Women for an MS Word version).
4 p.m., Tuesday, March 3, 2015
Recognition of Awards
Awards will be presented at the annual Abigail Quigley McCarthy Center for Women Awards Celebration, 4 – 6:30 p.m., Wednesday, April 22, 2015, in Rauenhorst Ballroom, Coeur de Catherine, on St. Catherine University’s St. Paul campus. Save the date!