Research & Creative Work Award
The Center for Women at St. Catherine University presents the annual Awards for Research and Creative Work.
Four separate awards of $500 and a certificate are available to:
- Undergraduate students enrolled during all or part of the academic year in a St. Catherine University program on either campus
- Graduate students enrolled during all or part of the academic year in a St. Catherine University program on either campus
- Faculty or Staff members currently employed by the University
- St. Catherine alumnae/alumni who graduated in December 2012 or earlier.
An awards committee of St. Catherine faculty members judges submissions in each of the categories separately. In their deliberations, the judges may use consultants.
Guidelines for Submission
- Papers or creative work should have as subject and/or focus a woman or women, or issue(s) relevant to women's status or concerns.
- Work must have been created, revised, or completed within three years before the competition deadline.
- Only one submission per person per year will be accepted. Past award recipients must wait three years to submit again.
- Excerpts and papers derived from published books, book-length manuscripts, or master's theses may be submitted (maximum of 25 pages); books, manuscripts or theses in entirety will not be accepted as entries.
- Written submissions should be word-processed, printed on a one-sided page, and unstapled. Submitter's name must be omitted from the pages of the submitted work.
Look for submission materials in February of each academic year. They are usually due sometime in March.