This scholarship award was established to provide financial support for someone who gives to others. Judith Gorman Krieger ‘63 realized that in this busy life, people facing daily human struggles often need the gifts of time and compassion. The Krieger Scholarship recipient should be a giver, someone willing to share time with a sibling, an older family member, or people in the community. The scholarship is to be a gift to allow that student more opportunity to share time with and show compassion to others.
Eligible applicants must meet the following criteria:
- be willing to share time with a family member, a friend, or people in the community;
- have completed at least one semester in the St. Catherine University College for Women Day or Evening/Weekend/Online baccalaureate degree program before applying for the award;
- have senior class status during the 2015-2016 academic year (92 or more credits) and be in good academic standing with St. Catherine University;
- be enrolled at St. Catherine University in the College for Women (Day and Evening/Weekend/Online) baccalaureate degree program, as at least a part-time student (6 credits per semester) during all or part of the 2015-2016 academic year;
- have no previous baccalaureate degree;
- expect to graduate in May or December 2016.
The application consists of an application form, an essay, and two recommendation letters (at least one must be from a St. Kate's faculty staff member).
Attention: May or December 2016 graduates! Look for scholarship applications in April 2015. They are usually due in late May.