This scholarship award was established to provide financial support for someone who gives to others. Judith Gorman Krieger ‘63 realized that in this busy life, people facing daily human struggles often need the gifts of time and compassion. The Krieger Scholarship recipient should be a giver, someone willing to share time with a sibling, an older family member, or people in the community. The scholarship is to be a gift to allow that student more opportunity to share time with and show compassion to others.
A $10,000.00 tuition-based scholarship will be awarded to a recipient during the 2015-2016 academic year. A student may receive this award only once; scholarship money will be applied toward her senior year at St. Catherine University. Application is open to students from any field of study seeking a baccalaureate degree at St. Catherine University.
Please extend your congratulations to Ardo Jimale, the 2015-16 Judith Gorman Krieger scholarship recipient.
Eligible applicants must meet the following criteria:
- be willing to share time with a family member, a friend, or people in the community;
- have completed at least one semester in the St. Catherine University College for Women Day or Evening/Weekend/Online baccalaureate degree program before applying for the award;
- have senior class status during the 2015-2016 academic year (92 or more credits) and be in good academic standing with St. Catherine University;
- be enrolled at St. Catherine University in the College for Women (Day and Evening/Weekend/Online) baccalaureate degree program, as at least a part-time student (6 credits per semester) during all or part of the 2015-2016 academic year;
- have no previous baccalaureate degree;
- expect to graduate in May or December 2016.
Application Deadline and Deadline
The application consists of an application form, an essay, and two recommendation letters (at least one must be from a St. Kate's faculty staff member). The application deadline for this spring has passed. Attention: May or December 2017 graduates! Look for scholarship applications in April 2016. They are usually due in late May.