Mary Jane Young Scholarship
This scholarship provides at least two awards annually to re-entry transfer student parents who demonstrate academic promise, perseverance, and a sense of vision. Awards typically range from $500 to $3,000.
The scholarship was established by the estate of Mary Jane Young, a psychiatric social worker, who believed in empowering women through education and was committed to providing opportunities for re-entry women to pursue their educational goals.
Eligible applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Application is open to re-entry undergraduate transfer students accepted for admission in baccalaureate programs in the College for Women (Day and Evening/Weekend/Online) at St. Catherine University or currently enrolled re-entry transfer students in baccalaureate programs in the College for Women (Day and Evening/Weekend/Online) at St. Catherine University
- Must be 23 years of age, single with custody of children or a married woman who delayed her education to raise a family
- She must not have a previous baccalaureate degree, and must have completed at least 30 semester credits (45 quarter credits) with a cumulative grade point average of 2.7 or above
- She must be enrolled in a St. Catherine baccalaureate program as at least a half-time student (6 credits per semester) during the award year
- Demonstrate academic promise, perseverance, and a sense of vision
The application consists of an application form, a short essay, two faculty recommendations, and one optional non-faculty recommendation.
Look for scholarship applications in April 2015. They are usually due in late May.