Summer Scholars Outcomes
Since the beginning of the Summer Scholars program in 2010, Student-Faculty teams have presented their scholarship at regional, national and international conferences and have been published in peer-reviewed journals. These are some of the ways they have shared their research and/or projects with the larger scholarly community.
National Conference on Undergraduate Research (NCUR)
We encourage all students who participate in collaborative research to submit their work to NCUR.
The average national acceptance rate for NCUR over the last five years is approximately 82%. St. Kate’s acceptance rate is 96%. Our students' exceptional work is being recognized.
- 9 student scholars (Ithaca, NY; 2011)
- 14 student scholars (Ogden, UT; 2012)
- 14 students scholars (La Crosse, WI; 2013)
- 17 student scholars (Lexington, KY; 2014)
National and International Discipline-Specific Conferences
Since the inception of Summer Scholars in 2010, 64% of the teams have presented at discipline-specific national or international conferences. Listed below are some of the conferences at which St. Catherine University student-faculty teams have presented:
- American Psychological Association
- Costume Society of America National Symposium
- American Chemical Society
- Textile Society of America
- American Association of Physical Anthropologists
- International Association for the Scientific Study of Intellectual Disabilities World Congress
- Hmong National Development Conference
- National American College of Sports Medicine Conference
- International Neuropsychological Society
- Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise
- Midwest Sociological Society Annual Meeting
- Northland American College of Sports Medicine Annual Meeting
- Minnesota Psychological Association
- Mid-Atlantic Council of Latin American Studies
First Annual Association for colleges and Twin Cities Film Festival — nomination for "Best in Show"
Medicine and Science and Sports and Exercise (2)