Summer Scholars Outcomes
Since the beginning of the Summer Scholars program in 2010, Student-Faculty teams have presented their scholarship at regional, national and international conferences and have been published in peer-reviewed journals. These are some of the ways they have shared their research and/or projects with the larger scholarly community.
The average national acceptance rate for NCUR over the last five years is 82%. St. Kate’s acceptance rate is 97%. Our students are doing good work and they are recognized.
- 9 student scholars (Ithaca, NY; 2011)
- 14 student scholars (Ogden, UT; 2012)
- 14 students scholars (La Crosse, WI; 2013).
Streamlines Undergraduate Conference
1 student (Dubuque, IA; 2011)
2 students (St. Paul, MN; 2012)
National and international discipline-specific conferences
Since the inception of Summer Scholars in 2010, 55% of the teams have presented at discipline-specific national or international conferences. Listed below are some of the conferences at which St. Catherine University student-faculty teams have presented:
- 3 presentations at the American Psychological Association Annual Convention (Orlando, FL; 2012)
- Costume Society of America National Symposium
- American Chemical Society
- Textile Society of America
- American Association of Physical Anthropologists
- International Association for the Scientific Study of Intellectual Disabilities World Congress
- Hmong National Development Conference (Fresno, CA; March 2013)
- National American College of Sports Medicine Conference (Indianapolis, IN; 2013)
- International Neuropsychological Society (Montreal, Canada; 2012)
- Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise (2012)
- Midwest Sociological Society Annual Meeting
- Northland American College of Sports Medicine Annual Meeting
- Minnesota Psychological Association (Minneapolis, MN; 2012)
- Mid-Atlantic Council of Latin American Studies
First Annual Association for colleges and Twin cities Film Festival — nomination for "Best in Show"
Medicine and Science and Sports and Exercise (2)