College for Applied and Continued Learning (Associate and RN to BS) Details
Congratulations Graduating Student!
- Final Commencement instructions and information
- Additional information regarding guest seating
- The St. Paul Bookstore will be open until rehearsal begins at 5 p.m.
- And a celebration...
If you are unable to attend, please contact Student Life on the Minneapolis campus at 651.690.7831 after Tuesday, May 13 to have your questions regarding Rehearsal and Commencement answered.
The Seating Request Form:
- Reserves your spot for graduation (or tells us you're not coming).
- Reserves general admission seats for your guests. Each graduate is allowed to bring up to ten (10) guests (including children).
- Gives you the opportunity to let us know of any special seating needs your guests may have.
Deadline – Seating Request Form: 4:30 p.m., Thursday, April 24
- Please complete the Seating Request Form even if you do not plan to attend the Commencement Ceremony.
- Graduates submitting a Seating Request Form after the deadline cannot be guaranteed any seating for guests.
- Graduates do not need to reserve a seat for themselves for the ceremony.
- Guest seating will be general admission seating rather than assigned seats. There will be no tickets given out.
- The University provides additional seating in The Pulse (first floor of Coeur de Catherine) where the ceremony will be telecast live. The Pulse is appreciated by older and younger guests who are not able to sit for long periods of time and prefer to move around during the ceremony.
- Due to the length and nature of the Commencement Ceremony, guests are discouraged from bringing young children into The O'Shaughnessy Auditorium. It is estimated that the Commencement Ceremony will last approximately 1 1/2 hours.
- A sign language interpreter will be provided at the Baccalaureate Hooding Ceremony and at the Commencement Ceremony.
Graduates or guests with special seating needs
Note: There is no elevator in The O’Shaughnessy Auditorium
Academic Garb (Cap, Gown, and Hood)
Baccalaureate Hooding Ceremony
Tickets are not required but as seating is limited we request that each graduate limit her or his invitations to the Baccalaureate Hooding Ceremony to five (5) guests. If you or your guests plan to attend, please complete the "Baccalaureate Hooding Ceremony" section of the Seating Request Form so that we may plan accordingly.
During the Baccalaureate Hooding Ceremony, graduating students stand together, receive a special blessing, and place their graduation hoods upon each other. All students are individually recognized as they process out of the Chapel. Students consistently describe this tradition as one of the highlights of the Commencement events.
There are multiple definitions of "Baccalaureate." In this particular case, the word refers to a religious ceremony held before Commencement . It should not be confused with students receiving a 4-year degree.
Students of all faiths and their families are welcome and encouraged to attend.
Invitations and Announcements
- Special order custom, high-quality, embossed invitations and announcements through the Jostens website.
- The official St. Catherine University ring can also be purchased through Jostens.
Note: Some people do not know that announcements are not invitations. Omitting the place and time of the ceremony from your announcements should help alleviate this confusion.
Student Account Status
Students with balances remaining on their accounts should contact Jordana Lewis (firstname.lastname@example.org or 651.690.6567) in the Student Accounts Office to make arrangements for payment to the University.
Students with balances on their account after Commencement will have their diplomas and transcripts held until full payment is made.
If your student account is in good standing, your diploma and final transcripts will be mailed to your permanent address approximately six (6) weeks after commencement. Please go online to ensure that the Registrar’s Office has your correct address on file.
Diploma frames are also available for purchase through both Bookstores. Please visit the Bookstore website or stop in the St. Paul Bookstore to see examples of styles available.