College for Graduate Studies (Masters and Doctoral Programs) Details
Congratulations Graduating Student!
You should be quite proud of yourself and your remarkable achievement! You will find everything you need right here to prepare for your upcoming Commencement exercise.
The Ticket Request Form is your RSVP for Commencement for you and your guests.
The Ticket Request Form:
- Reserves your spot for graduation (or tells us you're not coming).
- Reserves seats for your guests. Although seating is limited in The O’Shaughnessy Auditorium, each graduate is guaranteed five (5) guest tickets (including children).
- Gives you the opportunity to let us know of any special seating needs your guests may have.
Deadline – Ticket Request Form: 4:30 p.m., Thursday, April 24
- Please complete the Ticket Request Form even if you do not plan to attend the Commencement Ceremony.
- Graduates submitting a Ticket Request Form after the deadline will not be guaranteed guest tickets.
- The guest ticket for the Commencement Ceremony in The O’Shaughnessy Auditorium is the only ticket that is required for the day. Tickets are not required for the Reception.
- Graduates do not need a ticket for themselves for the ceremony.
- Seating assignments for guests are determined by a lottery and are reserved seats. To participate in the lottery, you must complete the Ticket Request Form by 4:30 p.m., Thursday, April 24.
- If tickets for The O’Shaughnessy Auditorium remain after each student receives their original guaranteed five tickets, those tickets will be distributed one ticket at a time through a lottery conducted by the Student Center and Activities Office.
- The University provides overflow seating in The Pulse (first floor of Coeur de Catherine) and the Jeanne D’Arc (Whitby Hall) where the ceremony will be telecast live. Both locations are appreciated by older and younger guests who are not able to sit for long periods of time and prefer to move around during the ceremony. No tickets are required for the overflow seating locations.
- Due to the length and nature of the Commencement Ceremony, guests are discouraged from bringing young children into The O'Shaughnessy Auditorium. Tickets are required for all children present. It is estimated that the Commencement Ceremony will last approximately 2 hours.
- A sign language interpreter will be provided at the Mass and the ceremony.
Pick-up your tickets!
- St. Paul students can pick up tickets from the Student Center and Activities Office in Coeur de Catherine 270, beginning Wednesday, May 14, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. When the office is closed, tickets will be available at the Coeur de Catherine Information Center.
- On the day of Commencement, tickets will be available at The O’Shaughnessy Auditorium ticket window beginning at 6:30 p.m. Tickets that are not claimed by 7:20 p.m. will be released to the general public.
Note: In the interest of time and tracking, tickets cannot be distributed through campus or U.S. Mail.
Graduates or guests with special seating needs
Space is provided on the Ticket Request Form to indicate seating needs for persons with disabilities, especially those using wheelchairs, walkers, or who are unable to climb stairs. Wheelchair seating in The O’Shaughnessy Auditorium is limited. Be sure to submit your Ticket Request Form by 4:30 p.m., Thursday, April 24 to ensure that these seating needs can be met.
Note: There is no elevator in The O’Shaughnessy Auditorium.
After you have received your ticket packet, you can call The O’Shaughnessy Auditorium (651.690.6701) if you have specific questions regarding handicap access into the building.
If you have invited guests who should not all be seated together, please indicate this on your Ticket Request Form.
Academic Garb (Cap, Gown, and Hood)
The deadline to order academic garb is Tuesday, April 8. Find the order form here »
Your Academic Garb will be available for pickup beginning Friday, May 9 from your campus bookstore during regular business hours.
Graduates will receive their gown from the Bookstore and will receive their cap and hood at line-up on the day of Commencement.
The cost of garb is covered in your Commencement fee. You may keep your academic garb as a souvenir of the Commencement Ceremony.
For details about store hours, please visit the Bookstore website.
For questions about academic garb, please e-mail Katy Dillard (email@example.com).
Graduates and guests are invited to a free, informal dessert reception. The reception will be held in the Coeur de Catherine 3rd Floor Rauenhorst Ballroom immediately following the Commencement Ceremony. Tickets are not required. However, on your Ticket Request Form, please indicate the number of persons in your party (including yourself) that will be attending for catering estimations.
Invitations and Announcements
Jostens offers a full line of customized products for graduation.
- Special order custom, high-quality, embossed invitations and announcements through the Jostens website.
- The official St. Catherine University ring can also be purchased through Jostens.
Note: Some people do not know that announcements are not invitations. Omitting the place and time of the ceremony from your announcements should help alleviate this confusion.
Jolesch Photography will be taking photos of each graduate at commencement and will contact graduates directly with proofs and purchase information approximately six weeks after graduation. This will be mailed to your most recent address on record at the Registrar’s Office. Proofs may be viewed on their website.
The Office of Marketing and Communications student photo bureau takes photographs of commencement events. These photos will be used for public relations purposes and are available for download by graduates and family members following graduation from the University's Flickr site.
Family members and friends in the auditorium may take photographs or videotape from their seats. Out of courtesy to graduates and other audience members, approaching the stage for photographs or videotaping during the Commencement Ceremony is not allowed.
The Commencement Ceremony in The O’Shaughnessy Auditorium will be recorded using a professional camcorder. The DVD will show each graduate as she/he walks across the stage, and all commencement speeches and special honors will be recorded. The DVD will be recorded and available only in USA standard (Region #1) format. The cost of this unedited DVD is $15.00 check or cash (includes S & H). To purchase one or more copies, please fill out the Commencement DVD Order Form. Questions can be directed to Breanna Berg (firstname.lastname@example.org or 651.690.6211).
Student Account Status
Students with balances remaining on their accounts should contact Jordana Lewis (email@example.com or 651.690.6567) in the Student Accounts Office to make arrangements for payment to the University.
Students with balances on their account after Commencement will have their diplomas and transcripts held until full payment is made.
If you are a Perkins or Nursing Loan borrower, you need to complete the on-line loan exit questionnaire prior to graduation. Questions about the questionnaire can be directed to Sharon Fetting in the Student Accounts Office (firstname.lastname@example.org or 651.690.6858). Technical questions or problems can be directed to University Accounting Services (UAS) at 1.800.999.6227.
If you borrowed other types of student loans you need to complete an exit counseling session. Expect notification of times from the Financial Aid office.
If your student account is in good standing, your diploma and final transcripts will be mailed to your permanent address approximately six (6) weeks after commencement. Please go online to ensure that the Registrar’s Office has your correct address on file.
Diploma frames are also available for purchase through both Bookstores. Please visit the Bookstore website or stop in the St. Paul Bookstore to see examples of styles available.