Community Work and Learning staff support faculty in developing, implementing and evaluating academic service-learning into their courses. Working across disciplines and degree levels, we support faculty to integrate meaningful community experiences into their course objectives. We work collaboratively to support and balance student learning outcomes with community needs.
Please contact Martha Malinski, email@example.com, 651.690.8718, to learn more about integrating a community component into a course and designating your course with a service-learning notation.
Community Work and Learning supports faculty through:
- Trainings, Faculty Development Workshops
- The connection of community resources
- Individualized consulting
- Promotion of service-learning courses university-wide
- Maintaining communication with community sites; serving as liaison
- Meaningful collaborations with community sites, faculty and students
- Implementation of service-learning focused evaluations for students and community sites
- Service-Learning Resource Library materials
- Support of community-based research and scholarship by faculty