Memorial and Tribute Gifts



Memorial and Tribute Gifts

We all have people and events of particular importance in our lives. If you would like to honor or remember a loved one, recognize a birthday, anniversary, holiday or other significant occasion, St. Catherine University welcomes your generosity.

Gifts to St. Catherine University are tax-deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law.

To make a gift in memory or in honor of someone:

  • Mail your donation to:

St. Catherine University
Attn: Tribute Gifts, Box F-12
2004 Randolph Avenue
St. Paul, MN 55105-1789

  • For your convenience, you may use our Tribute Gift Form (PDF).
  • Call 651.690.6516 to make a credit card gift over the phone.
  • Give online. Please be sure to check the box indicating that your gift is being made in honor or in memory of someone. You will be asked for the details of your tribute gift on the following screen.


Donors receive gift receipts for their donations and will be listed in our Annual Report. A card is also mailed to the honoree or the family of the deceased to notify them that a tribute gift has been received. (The dollar amount of the donor's gift is not disclosed.) The individual you have honored or remembered is listed in the Annual Report in the appropriate "Honoring Gifts" or "Memorial Gifts" section.

Please note that if a check is made payable to an individual and is endorsed over to St. Catherine University, the person who endorsed the check (the payee listed on the check) is the legal donor of the gift. Cash delivered to St. Catherine University is also generally considered a contribution from the person who delivered it. If you wish to receive a receipt for your tax-deductible memorial donation, please make your check payable to: St. Catherine University. Thank you.


Donors who have no other relationship to the University other than making a tribute gift are not solicited for future gifts.

Gift Designation

Annual Fund. Unless otherwise noted by the donor, honoree or family of the deceased, tribute gifts are designated to the Annual Fund, which supports the areas of greatest need at the University.

Endowed Funds. For information on establishing a named endowed fund, such as a scholarship or professorship, please contact Arlene Kruize Fults at or 651.690.6034. Our Gift Planning Officers would also be happy to assist you.

Physical Installations. Some donors choose to honor or remember loved ones by enhancing St. Catherine University's beautiful grounds with a tree or bench. For information, please contact Arlene Kruize Fults at or 651.690.6034.