St. Kate’s integrates classroom and clinic in its Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) Program, ensuring you will graduate experienced in working with people ranging in age and injury in a variety of healthcare settings. You’ll learn what it takes to be a successful physical therapist in today’s complex healthcare environment.
Our 33-month, year-round program prepares you to be a general physical therapist practitioner, helping people rehabilitate from injury, prevent recurrence, and maintain fitness and health.
- Request more information »
- Find out about prerequisite requirements »
- Apply before Dec. 1, 2014 to start in Fall 2015 »
Case-based, hands-on learning
Our program breaks away from more traditional physical therapy curricula by integrating basic and clinical sciences within each course. Case studies and hands-on application are central to the St. Kate’s DPT program, stimulating self-reflection and experiential learning.
- Liberal arts studies are threaded throughout this professional program.
- You’ll participate in your choice of a local, national or international service-learning project.
- You'll complete a group or individual research project, mentored by a DPT faculty member.
- A capstone course in the last semester promotes reflection of your DPT experiences in the areas of ethical problem solving and leadership.
Four recurring threads to your education
Lectures, laboratory sessions, tutorials, small group work and self-directed study are used throughout the curriculum, and you'll return to core studies multiple times throughout the DPT program. Each time you revisit a subject, however, cases and topics become increasingly complex, allowing you to build on your knowledge from a strong educational foundation and on-going clinical education experiences.
Courses are offered one at a time, ranging in length from 3–7 weeks. Each touches on four threads:
- Medical/behavioral sciences
- Practice environment
- Examination, evaluation and diagnosis
- Plan of care, intervention and outcome
Minneapolis, MN 55454