An Exceptional PT Education Experience
Welcome to the Doctor of Physical Therapy program at St. Catherine University. The physical therapy program began as a Master of Physical Therapy (MPT) degree in 1991 and moved to the Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) degree in 2003. The program is located on St. Kate's Minneapolis campus, next to the University of Minnesota Medical Center, West Bank and University of Minnesota Children’s Hospital. The 33-month, year-round co-educational program prepares students to become general physical therapist practitioners, helping people rehabilitate from injury, prevent recurrence, and maintain fitness and health.
- Request more information
- Attend an information session, 7 p.m., Tuesday, April 14
- Find out about prerequisite requirements
- Prepare to apply to start in Fall 2016
Consistent with the mission of St. Catherine University, the Doctor of Physical Therapy Program creates a transformative learning environment that enables graduates to be highly competent, ethical, evidence-based clinicians prepared to lead and influence within the profession of physical therapy, the health care environment, and the broader global community.
DPT Program Goals
- Prepare a diverse body of general practitioners who are highly respected for their competence and compassion
- Be the program of choice for students who seek an innovative learning environment that fosters integration, reflection, and transformation
- Serve as a leader for physical therapist professional education modeling and disseminating innovative approaches to teaching and learning, curriculum, assessment and process improvement.
- Serve as a national model for the intraprofessional collaboration of physical therapist and physical therapist assistant programs
- Implement and sustain interprofessional University and community partnerships that enrich community, student and faculty development
- Attract and support faculty who align with the mission and vision of the institution and the collaborative spirit of the program and curricular philosophies
- Support and develop faculty who are nationally recognized for advancing the physical therapy profession through excellence in teaching, clinical practice, scholarly activity and service to the profession
Comments and concerns
To offer comments/concerns related to the St Catherine University DPT Program contact Lisa L. Dutton, PT, PhD at firstname.lastname@example.org or 651-690-8126.