This specialty area is designed for those looking to teach students chemistry in grades 9–12. Learn more about the chemistry program at St. Kate’s.
The grades 9-12 licensure course sequence consists of courses in education and in chemistry.
To add a middle-level general science endorsement, add five additional courses in the other natural sciences plus a special methods middle-level science course in education.
- PSYC 1001 General Psychology
- PSYC 2025 Lifespan Developmental Psychology
Courses in Subject Area
(Licensure requirements may not constitute a full major – please consult with your advisor in this major.)
- CHEM 1110 & 1120 General Chemistry I and II
- CHEM 2010 & 2020 Organic Chemistry I and II
- CHEM 3000 Quantitative Analysis
- CHEM 3310 & 3320 Physical Chemistry I and II
- CHEM 4000 Advanced Inorganic Chemistry
- CHEM 4200 Advanced Analytical Chemistry
- CHEM 4400 Biochemistry
- CHEM 4850 Seminar
Required Education Courses
- EDUC 3752 Special Methods: Senior High Science
- EDUC 3912 Student Teaching Secondary
To add a Middle Level General Science Endorsement (Grades 5-8), the following courses are required.
- BIOL 1710 Foundations of Biology I
- BIOL 1720 Foundations of Biology II
- BIOL 2710 Foundations of Biology III
- EDUC 3742 Special Methods: Middle Level Science
- EDUC 3910 Student Teaching and Seminar: Middle Level
- PHYS 1040 Astronomy
- PHYS 1080 Physics for the Health Sciences I
- PHYS 1090 Physics for the Health Sciences II