K-12: Physical Education Licensure
This licensure sequence consists of courses in science, psychology, nutrition, physical education, exercise science and education. Courses for this licensure will be taken at St. Kate's, St. Thomas and Augsburg.
- BIOL 2510 Human Anatomy
- BIOL 2520 Human Physiology
- CHEM 1010 General Chemistry for Health Sciences OR CHEM 1110 General Chemistry I
- FSNU 2200 Food, Nutrition and You OR FSNU 3000 Nutrition
- PSYC 1001 General Psychology
- PSYC 2025 Lifespan Developmental Psychology
Courses in Subject Area
(Licensure requirements may not constitute a full major – please consult with your advisor in this major.)
- PHED 215 Rhythms & Dance
- EXSS 2750 Introduction to Exercise and Sport Science
- EXSS 2800 Measurement and Evaluation in Exercise and Sport Science
- EXSS 3050 Teaching Elementary Physical Education OR PHED 302 P.E. Methods for Elementary OR HPE 302 PE Methods K-6 AND HPE 324 K-6 PE Games and Activities
- EXSS 3060 Individual Sports Techniques AND EXSS 3080 Team Sports Techniques OR PHED 304 P.E. Methods-Middle/and Secondary Schools OR HPE 334 7-12 Sports Skills and Activities AND HPE 368 P.E. Methods 7-12 EXSS 3350 Kinesiology and Biomechanics
- EXSS 3450 Exercise Physiology
- EXSS 3510 Developmental Adapted Physical Education OR PHED 351 Teaching Students with Special Needs OR HPE 254 Intro to Developmental/Adapted P.E.
- EXSS 3600 Physical Education Organization, Administration and Programming OR PHED 202 Curriculum, Instruction & Assess OR HPE 340 Organization and Administration of P.E. Programs and HPE 473 P.E. Curriculum
- EXSS 3610 Motor Learning
Students must show proof of current certification in First Aid and CPR upon completion of the major.
- EDUC 3762 Special Methods: Grades 7-12: Teaching of Physical Education
- EDUC 3840 Student Teaching and Seminar in Physical Education: Elementary