Using Your Degree
Career options in food are endless. St. Kate's foods and nutrition in business major prepares you for a variety of careers, including:
- food industry consultant
- community food program director
- product development and distribution
- food testing
- teaching and research
- food journalism
- foodservice facility inspection
- quality control
- food and pharmaceutical sales
- running your own business
St. Kate's alumnae include:
- Alumna Carla Youngberg, food inspector with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.
- Terese Hill, kitchen and program manager at Kindred Kitchen, a food business incubator in Minneapolis. She is also an adjunct instructor in St. Kate's food lab — sharing her vast knowledge of the food industry with students.
St. Kate's graduates have rewarding careers in major corporations such as:
- Pepsi Cola
- General Mills
- Graduate school
St. Kate's foods and nutrition in business major is excellent preparation for advanced study in food science, nutrition, business administration and food technology.
You may also focus on industry leaders or leadership skills through St. Kate's Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership program.