Using Your Degree
French majors who graduate from St. Kate's work in a variety of fields. They include:
- Jeanette Kraemer, associate professor of French at Marquette University, Milwaukee
- Margaret Marrinan, Ramsey County District Court judge (double major French and history)
- Sarah Simonet, elementary education teacher in Kensington, California
- Jordyn Arndt, English teaching assistant at the St. Pierre Vocational and Technical High School on Reunion Island, France
- Mary Pattock, assistant director of media and public relations for the College of Liberal Arts, University of Minnesota (double major French and English)
- Liz Dickey, relationship manager/payments consultant with Heartland Payment Systems (double major French and Spanish)
- Lauren Dees-Erickson, scheduler at U.S. House of Representatives and former staff assistant for Congresswoman/St. Kate's alumna Betty McCollum (double major French and English)
- Lindsay Butterfield, resident director at American University (major in French, history and social studies)
Recent graduates have also applied their French degrees to pursue higher education and rewarding jobs in law, international economics and business.
Other St. Kate's students have dedicated themselves to non-governmental organizations, such as the Peace Corps and Médecins Sans Frontières.