Global Studies Photo Contest
Each year the Office of Global Studies sponsors an annual Photo Contest for St. Kate's students to show us where they have been!
Photos taken abroad are often used in promotional materials for the Office of Global Studies, the St. Kate's website, and in the Scan alumni magazine.
To be eligible, students need to have studied abroad within the 12 months preceding the contest. For example, for the 2014 contest students will need to have studied abroad between Winter/Spring semester 2013 and J-term 2014.
For questions regarding the 2014 Photo Contest, please e-mail the Office of Global Studies at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Attention Peer Advisor.
Entry guidelines and form
To enter, please follow the guidelines below:
Submit up to two photos for each category:
- Cultural Connections: This category gives a strong sense of the place visited and reflects a connection to the culture and/or people there.
- Katies Abroad: Submissions should be of you, the student, during your time abroad. Show yourself representing one or all of the ideals of study abroad--academic learning, cultural learning, international awareness, sensitivity, or fun.
- Submit photos electronically- JPEG format, 300 dpi resolution, size 4x6.
- Please submit a CD to the Office of Global Studies or email them to email@example.com with the subject line: Photo contest entry
- Make sure to title the photo, state the location and the term abroad, and include a brief description of the image using the form attached below.
5 winners will be chosen and Great Prizes Will Be Awarded
- 1st Place: Culture Connections and Katies Abroad
- 2ed Place: Culture Connections and Katies Abroad
- Plus New People's Choice Award where Katies vote on Global Studies Facebook page, dates TBD.