Global Spotlight Program
The Global Spotlight funding program has been suspended until further notice.
Global Spotlight funding exists to support educational programs that advance one or more of St. Catherine University’s Learning Goals for Cultural Competence and Global Perspectives.
These goals are part of the University’s Internationalization Plan and actively engage students, faculty and staff in developing the following areas:
1. Knowledge of critical world issues and the ability to analyze and incorporate multiple perspectives
2. Awareness of one’s own cultural values and traditions and understanding that one exists in a complex and interdependent web of cultures and countries
3. Effective communication across languages and cultures
4. Preparation for global leadership grounded in an understanding of social responsibility
The total amount of funds available is $1,500, to be awarded each academic year. Funds will be awarded on a rolling basis until the available $1,500 has been awarded.
2013-2014 events funded by the Global Spotlight:
- Workshop and Conversations with Ananya Dance Theater on How to Engage with the performance of Mohona: Estuaries of Desire
- Cornbread and Chili Night: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly and the Transformational Side of International Travel, sponsored by MIPS
- Women, Empowerment, & Community Well-Being: Panel Discussion with Alumnae on Globally-Focused Careers, sponsored by the Women and International Development Major
- International Potluck, sponsored by MIPS
2012-2013 events funded by the Global Spotlight:
- Half the Sky film showing
- Assistant Mentoring Program Global Citizens Grant
- African Film Festival
- International Potluck