Follow-up paperwork



Follow-up paperwork

Semester and year-long programs

The following is a checklist regarding the follow-up paperwork for students going abroad for a semester or year.  Copies of the forms listed are accessible by logging in to your application on the Office of Global Studies website:

  • Copy of your letter of acceptance (if by e-mail, please forward it to our office)
  • Study Abroad Estimate of Expenses: Complete this form (you may consult with a study abroad advisor, a representative of your program, and/or your program website in order to complete the form).
  • Financial Aid/Student Billing arrangements made: Take your completed Study Abroad Estimate of Expenses to a financial aid counselor. After they complete their side of the Billing Agreement, take it and your Estimate of Expenses to Student Accounts so that you are clear how your program bills will be paid. You are responsible for handing these completed forms, along with your program invoice, into Student Accounts. Note:  all students studying off-campus will be assessed an administrative fee as follows: Year - $350, Semester - $250, Summer/J-Term - $150
  • Course equivalency form: Credit you earn on approved study abroad programs will normally fulfill residence credits towards graduation. Credit earned may be applied toward major, minor or liberal arts core requirements with the approval of the chair of the department. Use the course equivalency form to gain signatures prior to departure.
  • Health information form: The purpose of this form is to determine your health history and any special medical needs you may have during your study abroad experience. This information does not affect your admission into the program. Physical exam required within 6 months prior to leaving for study abroad.
  • Copy of your passport : not required for domestic programs. If you did not upload a copy of your passport when you applied, you must make sure to do so at the acceptance stage.
  • Insurance form : Remember to check with your program to see whether insurance coverage is included in the program fee, and if so what all is covered. Students not either insured under the St. Kate's Student Health Insurance Plan, or whose insurance does not include emergency evacuation and repatriation coverage either through their current provider or through their study abroad program are REQUIRED to purchase an International Student Identity Card (ISIC) or Cultural Insurance Services International (CISI) coverage. Both policies provide limited coverage including emergency evacuation and repatriation while abroad. For more information and to purchase a policy contact the Office of Global Studies.
    Registration form : You will receive this from the Office of the Registrar during an orientation session, it is to be completed and handed in at that time.

Additional planning for semester abroad

  1. Apply for a passport if you do not have one OR if it will expire within 6 months of your return date.
  2. Complete visa application (where necessary; your program will provide instructions)
  3. Research courses you would like to take overseas (if this wasn't a part of your application)
  4. Prepare travel plans, purchase ticket
  5. Complete all necessary paperwork for affiliate program, (either by mail or on-line).
  6. Attend mandatory study abroad orientation sessions.

Short-term programs

Upon your acceptance you will receive a formal acceptance letter along with additional information regarding the travel itinerary, billing, orientation dates and follow-up paperwork.

Follow-up paperwork: St. Kate's Faculty-led program

For students participating in a St. Kate's Faculty-led course (GSJ, Fashion, Perspectives of Health),  the following forms are needed:

  • Health form (Self-disclosure)
  • St. Kate's Health form-Physician's approval (signature required)
  • Policies and Procedures: Short-term programs (electronic signature required)
  • St. Kate's Health Form Certification (Self-disclosure-electronic signature required))
  • Treatment Authorization


  • Scanned copy of your passport (if not already submitted with application); not required for domestic programs.
  • Additional forms as needed for specific courses: airline agreement, visa application and materials, etc. Please see your acceptance letter for details.