The healthcare management major takes students' experience in the clinical healthcare setting to the next level. Students will learn about leadership and management strategies.
The curriculum listed below is in effect for students entering the university in Fall 2015 or later.
- BUSI 4750: Business Practicum
- BUSI 4800: Business Portfolio
- BUSI 4992: Topics in Healthcare Policy
- ECON 2900: Topics in Healthcare Economics or ECON 2610: Principles of Microeconomics
- MGMT 2400: Principles of Management
- MGMT 3400: Leadership, Effective Teams, and Change Management
- MGMT 3460: Managing a Diverse Workforce
- MGMT 4850: Senior Seminar in Healthcare Management
- PHIL 3400: Biomedical Ethics
- ACCT 2110: Financial Accounting
- ACCT 2130: Managerial Accounting
- ECON 2250: Statistical Analysis for Decision Making or ECON 2230: Statistical Analysis for the Social Sciences
- or MATH 1080: Statistical Analysis
- MKTG 2300: Principles of Marketing
- PSYC 1001: General Psychology or SOCI 1000: Principles and Concepts of Sociology
The portfolio is a way for you to integrate the life skills and knowledge you bring with you and the knowledge, skills and values learned within the courses and field experiences throughout the program. This portfolio allows you to validate your experiences at St. Catherine.
Healthcare management majors satisfy the Writing Requirement for Majors by completing MGMT 4850: Senior Seminar in Healthcare Management. You complete the Liberal Arts and Sciences Core Writing Requirement with three other writing-intensive courses (CORE 1000: The Reflective Woman and CORE 3990: Global Search for Justice, and any other writing-intensive course in this or another department).