Using Your Degree
People who have what it takes to succeed in healthcare sales — technical acumen, self-motivation, and negotiation and communications skills — are in high demand. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the need for experienced sales managers is expected to grow faster than the average for other jobs in the next decade. The St. Kate's healthcare sales program is a recognized leader within the robust medical device and products industries in Minnesota and beyond.
Our alumnae include:
- Cameo Gillson, sales representative at the Medtronic Spinal and Biologics Division
- Jessica Schmidt, clinical sales representative at Johnson & Johnson
- Kimberly Kincade, consumer care specialist at Coloplast Group
- Jessie Vermillion, sales representative at CenterPoint Energy Services Inc.
- Joy Ritchie Peterson, associate sales representative at Ethicon Endo-Surgery
“I had an advantage because of my solid understanding of anatomy and physiology due to my coursework at St. Kate's.”
— Cameo Gillson, Medtronic sales rep
Business Career Fair
St. Kate's Annual Career Opportunities Fair — with more than 70 companies — is the largest of any private college or university in Minnesota, with promising possibilities for full-time positions, part-time jobs, and internships in business, healthcare, sales, technology, nonprofits and other fields.
Thriving Medical Industry
Being located in Minneapolis-St. Paul is a huge advantage for St. Kate's healthcare sales grads. Our campus is located in a hub for medical technology companies and healthcare-related organizations, including Medtronic, St. Jude Medical, Mayo Clinic, UnitedHealth Group, Fairview Health Services and Medical Learning. This means more opportunities to find internships, jobs, and to network with industry executives.