Research Requiring IRB
The St. Catherine University IRB is responsible for conducting initial and continuing review of all research that involves human subjects at this institution. Investigators cannot begin research with human subjects until a complete application has been submitted to the IRB, reviewed and approved.
For research requiring IRB approval, consider the following:
- Do you intend to collect information and then present it to a public audience or at a conference?
- Do you intend to publish findings or disseminate information based upon your work?
- Will you be conducting interviews, surveys or focus groups?
- Will you need access to sensitive data or records?
- Is there any way to link the data you plan to collect with identifying information?
- Are you seeking grant funding?
If the answer to any of these questions is "yes" then you should submit your application for IRB review.