Data Reports and Surveys
There are a variety of data reports and surveys that occur at St. Catherine University each year. To get access to many of these reports, please contact email@example.com to request our data request form. This allows us to monitor and track data requests so we have a better sense of what information is important to our colleagues. It also allows us to practice good assessment techniques and follow-up with those of you who have requested data to see how you've used the information - this is a critical step when preparing for institutional accreditation.
All ad hoc data requests, no matter how small, require the completion of this form. Priority may be given to requests most related to aspects of our institutional mission and/or strategic planning. All data requests will be honored to the best of our ability.
How to Submit Data Request Form
- Request the form from firstname.lastname@example.org and complete the form with as much detail as possible.
- Upon completion of the form, save it as a Word Document that includes your name in the title.
- Open a new email and attach this newly filled-out form - please send the message to Scott Pakudaitis at email@example.com.
Below are descriptions and information on many of the most common reports and surveys.
Quick Facts (login required) is a one page summary of total headcount, characteristics and summary profile of enrolled students.
The annual Fact Book (login required) is an extensive profile of the university.
- student demographics
- extensive enrollment programs which include by FTE
- degree level and program of study
- credits and degrees awarded
- retention and graduation rates
- additional information on faculty, administration and Board of Trustees
A Student Census (login required) reports student enrollment data on the 10th day of classes each semester.
- total headcount, including FTE, degree status, class level, and enrollment status
- student characteristics, including race/ethnicity by program, home of origin, and age
- a profile of new students at each degree level
- retention and graduation rates and outcomes, including full time, part time, multicultural, and ten year trends
- enrollment profile by student level, school, and department,
Common Data Set
The Common Data Set (CDS) initiative is a collaborative effort among data providers in the higher education community and publishers as represented by the College Board, Peterson's, and U.S. News & World Report. The combined goal of this collaboration is to improve the quality and accuracy of information provided to all involved in a student's transition into higher education, as well as to reduce the reporting burden on data providers. Learn more about the Common Data Set »
Survey reports (login required) are generated from ongoing major surveys conducted at the university.
These reports include:
- CIRP Freshman Survey
- Annual Current Student Survey
- National Survey of Student Engagement
- Graduation Exit Survey
- One and Five Year Alumnae Survey
General Reports include results of the Annual Current Student Survey by degree level.