"Enduring Leadership: Facing Challenges, Finding Solutions...
Monday-Friday, June 22-June 26, 2015, 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m...
The Summer Leadership Series returns with eight outstanding...
JUMPSTART YOUR MEMOIRS WRITING BUSINESS
Monday-Friday, July 21 - 25, 2014 from 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Cost : $625
(Additional for Required Books)
St. Catherine University
2004 Randolph Ave., Saint Paul, MN 55105
Building: Mendel 213
Jumpstart Your Memoirs-Writing Business is a five-day continuing education course for people who want to start or have already started assisting elders to write their life story.
This professional intervention usually contributes to an elder’s overall quality of life. Successful entrepreneurs understand that skills in listening and writing, developing a professional relationship, and conducting a small business are all crucial to the memoir-writing process. Students will learn communication, boundary, and interviewing skills as applied to older individuals and families. Plus you will sharpen entrepreneurial skills to establish your own home-based business.
At the conclusion of the course the participant will:
1. Describe ethical boundaries to establish with narrator and family
2. Identify the goal of your small business and process for marketing services
3. Name the phases in late life aging as outlined by Gene Cohen
- Background in health, social work or psychology (this is a write-in question on the registration form)
- Experience in working with elders (this is a write-in question on the registration form)
- Strong writing skills