Tuition and Financial Aid



Tuition and Financial Aid

A graduate degree is a major investment in your future — one with an excellent cost-benefit ratio. Backed by the value of St. Catherine University’s reputation, our graduates are prepared to lead, influence and succeed. But, as with any major investment, graduate school expenses are something you’ll need to plan for carefully.

Your costs will be spread across your five consecutive terms (over 19-21 months) as a student in the Master of Arts in Education: Curriculum and Instruction program. You’ll receive a bill for tuition and fees for each academic term (fall, spring and summer), based on how many credits you’ve registered for during that term. For fall and spring semesters, a four-month payment plan is available.

For details on billing, see our student accounts pages.

MAED: Curriculum and Instruction Tuition

Information about current tuition rates and fees is available through student accounts.

You should also plan for additional expenses for course materials, as well as any incidental costs you may incur for transportation and other miscellaneous expenses.

Speranza Fund support for teachers in Catholic schools

Through the generosity of alumna Mildred Speranza, St. Kate’s will offer a $200 per credit stipend to a Catholic schoolteacher completing the Master of Arts in Education, Curriculum and Instruction program. Find out more

Sister Ann Harvey Award

The Sister Ann Harvey Award recognizes educators and education students who engage in outstanding action research projects.  Find out more

Financial aid

Loans provide the most common form of financial support for graduate students at St. Catherine University. The University receives funds directly from the U.S. Department of Education, which allows our borrowers access to the best terms and will mitigate uncertainties brought on by recent legislation and tightened credit markets. Graduate students may also choose to apply for a Direct Graduate PLUS loan through St. Catherine University.

For details and to apply for aid, consult the Office of Financial Aid website, or contact our graduate student financial aid counselor, Catherine Flowers, at or 651.690.6607.