Change lives through learning. Make a transition into a K-12 teaching career.
What do you need to become a great teacher? How do you ignite a passion for lifelong learning in every child?
Welcome to St. Catherine University's Master of Arts in Education (MAED): Initial Licensure program, where you'll learn to inspire students to reach their full potential. With their passion for making a difference and their rigorous preparation, St. Kate's teachers are in demand.
- Request more information »
- Attend an online information session: March 14 or April 10 »
- Join us for an Education Department Open House: March 22 »
- Attend an on-campus information session: April 22 »
- Contact your admission counselor »
- Apply now »
This program is designed for adults, women and men, making a transition into a teaching career. You're eligible for the program if you have a bachelor's degree in any field. Through courses that meet evenings or weekends — as well as student teaching experiences that connect you to schools, principals and teachers around the region — you can earn a master's degree while meeting requirements for a Minnesota teaching license at the Elementary (Grades K-6) or Secondary (Grades 5-12, in different specialty areas) level, or a K-12 license (Physical Education, Visual Arts, French or Spanish).
Your admission counselor can help you start your exploration of St. Kate's teacher licensure program. Ask for a review of your prior college coursework — we'll help you understand your pathway to a teaching career.
Consider these other graduate education options at St. Kate's:
- Master of Arts in Education: Curriculum & Instruction (an online program for licensed K-12 teachers)
- Programs for Montessori educators
- Master of Library and Information Science (including a K-12 School Library Media license option)
- Master of Social Work