Licensure without Master's Degree
If you have already earned a B.A. or B.S. degree and wish to pursue a teaching license, you can choose from the following licensure options:
- Elementary Education (K-6)*
- Secondary Education (Grades 5-12) Communication Arts and Literature*
- Mathematics, Social Studies, Family and Consumer Science (Grades 5-12)**
- Secondary Education (Grades 9-12) Life Science or Chemistry**
- K-12 (Visual Arts, Physical Education, School Library Media Specialist and/or MLIS Program, World Languages and Cultures (French), World Languages and Cultures (Spanish)**
Your first step is to declare the licensure area you wish to pursue and send your transcripts to the Admissions Department for a complete degree evaluation to be completed.
The licensure only option does not lead to a master’s degree.
*All courses are offered in the Evening/Weekend/Online format for the Communication Arts and Literature licensure area.
**Although all education courses are offered in the Evening/Weekend/Online format, there are content courses required for these licensure areas that are not offered in the Evening/Weekend/Online format.