Evening|Weekend|Online B.A. or B.S. in Business Administration: Marketing/Management
- For adult women who want to start or advance in dynamic careers in business, management, marketing and related fields — with St. Kate's on your resume, you'll get noticed.
- Flexible course scheduling blends evening/weekend meetings with online learning.
- Affordable tuition rates.
- Transfer in your previous college credits, and get credit for learning outside the classroom — graduate sooner.
- Get a head start on your master's. Take up to two graduate courses in business (MBA) or leadership (MAOL) while earning your B.S. or B.A.
- Request more information
- Take part in an online info session: Noon, Thursday, March 26
- Contact your admission counselor
- Get a free transfer evaluation — find out how close you are to your bachelor's
- Apply now to start in Summer (classes start June 1) or Fall
Questions? We can help! Call 651.690.6542 or e-mail email@example.com
Majoring in Business Administration: Marketing/Management
Today's business administration careers are exciting and fast-paced, offering a wide range of opportunities, especially in today's rapidly changing global economy.
St. Kate’s business administration major prepares you to manage people, products and services in growing and diverse markets — locally and internationally. You'll learn business administration skills applicable to many settings, and also gain key marketing knowledge essential for success in today's business careers.
In addition to gaining core business administration skills and knowledge, you'll learn important marketing concepts, such as competitive analysis and value proposition, and understand how various marketing processes work, including product development, pricing, e-commerce, advertising, public relations and more.
We'll also help you gain new or more advanced workplace experience by assisting your search for internships, or facilitating stretch assignments that fit your busy schedule. Many students are able to complete stretch assignments or career development projects at their current workplace — or other employers — gaining new skills and opportunities for advancement.
Advance Your Career and Your Life
Our Business Administration: Marketing/Management major provides you with the performance-ready marketing, management and technology skills you need to succeed in fast-moving markets.
You'll create digital marketing projects in written, visual and video platforms. You'll learn more about project management, databases and information systems. You'll also develop more advanced skills using Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint or Prezi, as well as digital marketing, search engines and other business tools.
Women with strong marketing and management skills and experience are in high demand and are often top candidates for advancement. For more information about careers in marketing and management, see Using Your Degree.
Business Administration: Marketing/Management majors benefit from our small classes and one-to-one attention from expert faculty. This personal approach to your success is especially important if you're returning to college after a long absence, or if you're starting your university education for the first time.
Our professors, academic advisers, career counselors and others are readily available and are committed to your success. You can do this, and we'll be with you every step of the way.
Program of Study
Marketing and management courses are designed to equip you with the knowledge and skills employers seek. For example:
- In the “Integrated Marketing Communications” class, you work with an actual businesses or clients to solve a marketing concern.
- In “International Marketing and Management,” you study globalization, international trade organizations, product adaptations and approaches to intercultural negotiating.
- The "Strategic Management" capstone course allows students to leverage prior knowledge — along with critical thinking skills — to solve actual business challenges in intensive real-world case studies. Required supporting courses include "Financial Accounting" and "Managerial Accounting," as well as courses in economics and social sciences.
For more about the program and courses, see Major.
Uniquely St. Kate's
St. Catherine weaves an ethics component into every business course — a curricular commitment that has made us a model for other universities. Our faculty members present ethical principles and moral or ethical problems in case studies or class discussion, and then encourage you to examine or solve them.
At St. Kate's, you'll also have the opportunity to develop a business portfolio that showcases your skills, knowledge and experiences in marketing and management.
More business majors: