Mission and Vision
The Office of Multicultural and International Programs and Services provides:
- Outreach & Community — we offer several programs to bring faculty, staff, and students of color together to build community.
- Advocacy & Support — we are here to listen and provide avenues to address any concerns you may have.
- Resources & Referral — whether it's questions about immigration paperwork, financial aid, classes, or personal concerns or interests, we can talk with you and refer you to the appropriate person or office to address your needs.
- Opportunities for involvement — join a student organization,be a peer mentor, help plan an event or attend an interesting program
- Understanding Unity, Creating Community — you don't have to feel like you're the 'only one'! Join a student of color group that helps reduce isolation, explores racial identity development, internalized racism and strategies for creating systemic change.
- White Allies Group — a group available for students to discuss white privilege and how to utilize it to fight oppression
- Heartwork & other workshops — allows the opportunity for authentic dialogue about challenging oppression and dismantling the systems that keeps it in place- specifically fear, ignorance, and power. We offer a variety of trainings to increase multicultural awareness, knowledge, and skills for students, faculty, and staff.
"Within the framework of Student Affairs, the Multicultural and International Programs and Services (MIPS) office, through support, advocacy, and involvement opportunities, enhances the collegiate experience of the students we serve. MIPS promotes education and awareness of multicultural and international issues within the college community."